World Youth Essay Competition 2018 – Win cash prizes and a trip to Germany!
Deadline: March 31, 2018
The World Youth Essay Competition is an international essay competition for high school and university students. There is no topic restriction and participants are free to write about topics such as aspects of society, environmental issues, science and technology, global affairs, and more.
The overall best submission receives the WYEC Grand Prize 2018 of 1700 USD. The exceptional student that receives the WYEC Grand Prize will be invited to Germany for a special winner ceremony with all flight and accommodation expenses covered! In Germany, you will meet with current international leaders and professionals. All flight and accommodation expenses will be covered!
The WYEC 2018 gives you the unique opportunity to write about a subject that interests, motivates and inspires you the most! There is no topic restriction and you are free to write about topics such as:
- aspects of society
- environmental issues
- science and technology
- global affairs
- and more
Prizes and Awards
The jury receives many outstanding submissions from all around the world. The WYEC awards honor a variety of excellent essays from exceptional youths and students.
- WYEC Grand Prize 2018: The overall best submission receives the WYEC Grand Prize 2018 of 1700 USD. The exceptional student that receives the WYEC Grand Prize will be invited to Germany for a special winner ceremony with all flight and accommodation expenses covered! In Germany, you will meet with current international leaders and professionals.
- WYEC 2. Prize and 3. Prize: The second and third best submissions receive the WYEC 2. prize and 3. prize of 2018. The award honors your extraordinary writing style and your creative mind. The 2. Prize and 3. Prize Winners will also be featured in one of the world’s most notable youth journals: You will be interviewed by journalists towards your motivation to inspire other youths around the world!
- 10x Award of Excellence:The jury selects ten submissions for exceptional creativity, knowledge or language skills. You will receive the WYEC Award of Excellence to obtain encouragement and honor for your future achievements and professional career.
- All Finalists: All finalists will receive a special WYEC finalists certificate with honorable jury notes.
- All Participants: All participants will receive a WYEC 2018 participation certificate.
- All high school and university students can participate in the WYEC 2018 international essay competition.
- The WYEC 2018 is open to students from all countries! However, you have to be between 12 and 26 years old to participate.
- Because WYEC 2018 wants to encourage students from certain countries, the jury gives special attention to submission from these countries: Nepal, India, Germany, Thailand, Gambia, Philippines, Kenya, Bangladesh, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Liberia, Zambia, Indonesia, Morocco, France, Brazil. If you are from one of these countries, you have a great chance to become a finalist and we highly encourage you to participate in WYEC 2018!
- The essay has to be between one to eight pages in the English language.
- The essay has to be in the English language.
- You can also use pictures and graphics in your essay to visualize your words.
- Please submit your essay as PDF file (preferred).
The WYEC 2018 jury judges each essay individually based on various criteria which may include creativity, writing style, knowledge skills and more. The WYEC 2018 Finalists will answer three short questions towards personality and achievements: The jury selects the winners based on your essay and your personality!
WYEC 2018 | Submit Your Essay
For more information, visit World Youth Essay Competition.
Technology and Today's Youth Essays
2328 Words10 Pages
Technology affects everyone! Whether positive or negative, we are all affected, how it manifests itself into problems for youth will be studied and debated for years. Balancing technology throughout the educational process and keeping with current trends and uses of technology will affect everyone. Technology has transformed our youth’s daily and social lives. How do we measure the effects of technology on our ability to socialize or have a successful social life? Socializing is not just talking face to face, it’s our ability to interact, learn, and create original thought. Technology hindering today’s youth and their ability to socialize is affecting their capacity to read, write, and communicate. Today’s youth depends on careful…show more content…
Parents and educators have a daunting task of introducing technology that still inspires their creative thought process and social interaction in a way that transfers into everyday life.
Forums and blogs argue technology has given children with disabilities and introverts the ability to learn through new technologies. This argument is limited to how these individuals learn and not how they do, once integrated into society. Social interaction in today’s youth is hindering factor due to increased use of technology. If we could find a way to sit at home and work and not interact in society, then they would be better off, but that is almost impossible. There will always be a need to interact within society to work, play, and live. Survey taken by 1280 people asks, “Does technology help students' social skills, or hurt them? They concluded interruptions by email, social networks, text messaging and other software tools account for over half the distractions and individual faces on a daily basis. “In fact, 45% of employees work only 15 minutes or less without getting interrupted, and 53% waste at least one hour a day due to all types of distractions.”(edutopia.org) Study suggests the general concern of the negative aspects technology has the development of interpersonal skills, like listening, emotional intelligence and empathy. Children and young adults are easily