Good Parenting Essay
1065 Words5 Pages
What makes a good parent? People have always tired to find out the answer, because what makes a good parent makes a good family and what makes a good family makes a good society and finally what makes a good society makes the world we live in a good one. Actually it is family where all the social ills come from. It is family that predetermines what kind of society we will have tomorrow, because the society of tomorrow will be born to and moulded in the family of today. So if we want to find out what makes a good parent and try to change the society we'll be living in we've got to start right now. So let's start.
What makes a good parent? Many people think that it is impossible to answer this question, because what…show more content…
But as soon as children start feeling that their parents care too much, they try to get back at them and do just what their parents don't want them to do. On the other hand kids who face lack of freedom may end up turning into introverts afraid to speak to other people or not as social (which is not a bad thing though).
I believe that next thing any parent must not forget about is trust. Being consistent with your child is of paramount importance because that's how trust is supported. Being consistent is not changing the rules half way through the game. Being consistent is not promising rewards that kids will never see. Being consistent is not threatening punishment without carrying it through. From the very first day on Earth children put trust in their parents and it must not be betrayed because once it is, once children find out they have been lied to, you will have to literally put yourself out to win it back.
Communication. Being able to communicate well builds confidence and charisma. Parents should not be afraid to talk to their children. They should not jump down through their throat when they are curious about something either no matter how stupid it may seem. Parents should be able to look at everyday things and events through the eyes of their children who are new in this world and have little knowledge of it. Everyday experiences can give children a wonderful chance to explore and learn and it must not be taken from them by their
What Is A Good Parent?
What makes a good parent and who gets to decide? You can’t solve a question paper on how to make a good parent. And you certainly can’t tick the boxes that would make excellent parents. There is no certain criteria to it. This is a sensitive and delicate association.
The Way To Good Parenting
A parent and child’s relationship is reflected through the child’s behaviour and actions. If you don’t have a good relationship with your child, they probably won’t listen to you. How can you have a good relationship with your children?
- Develop trust. Think if it as an adult. If you have a good relationship with them and are able to trust them, you’ll listen to their opinions and views as compared to someone who you don’t like. Remember, Building trust takes time, patience and perseverance. It all has to be done slowly and steadily. If you are successful to develop trust between you and your kid, it enables to develop empathy, honesty, self-reliance, self-control, kindness, cooperation and cheerfulness. Not only this, your kid has lesser chances to develop mental illnesses such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and anti-social behaviours and saves your kid from drug abuse.
- Don’t be hesitant and communicate with your children, after all you gave birth to them. Often, communication gap leads to a series of dishonest and distrustful acts such as stealing thing and losing respect. Try to keep them in the loop about everything.
- Make sure they know that you are there for them. Be friendly and honest, but don’t be strict as it instils fear and feelings of rejection.
- Set reasonable boundaries. Realize that trust is a two way road and one person can’t solely build it. Educating them about the benefits of trust is your job. If they build a trustworthy relationship with you, they will be bestowed with greater privileges.
- Above all, trust yourself as parents. You do know what is best for your children. Have faith in yourself and your decisions.
Every relationship requires efforts, faith and patience. A loving relation between both the parties helps create a strong, fulfilling, satisfying and stable relationship. Even if the trust breaks, don’t be disheartened. Try building it again. Put effort into trusting each other, again. Make the initial move and let them know that you are willing to work on it. Parenting is not an easy job. All it requires is love and determination.