Elementary Education - The Career Choice for Me Essay
459 Words2 Pages
Elementary Education - The Career Choice for Me
The obstacle of finding a career is something we are all faced with at one time or another. Fortunately for myself, I found this decision to be a very easy one. I come from a family of teachers. Therefore, it did not take long to decide that teaching was the career choice for me.
After deciding on the education field, I then felt the need to choose a major. I chose elementary education because I felt it would allow me to teach a wider variety of subjects to my students.
I have always had a love for knowledge, and for children. I feel that the children of today truly are the future of tomorrow and the creators of what is to come.…show more content…
In today’s hectic society teachers play an extremely large role in the lives of the students they teach. Not only are we teachers, we are friends, mentors, disciplinarians, mothers, caretakers, and counselors. Teachers are expected to provide children with the guidance and insight they need in order to make many of the tough decisions they will be faced with throughout their lives.
In the search and evaluation of myself I found that my philosophy on teaching is truly my own. Its basis does not directly relate to the philosophies of the great teachers of the past such as Socrates, Plato, or Aristotle. My belief stems both from personal experience as well as what I have learned by observing other educators. I believe that the ability to be an effective teacher does not lie within all people. Teachers are of a special kind. A teacher must be a person of love, understanding, respect , and humor. Teachers are nurturers. An effective teacher has been given a special gift, they have the ability to reach people. Educators are also gifted in the fact that they have the ability to install in children values, morals, and feelings, as well as the reading, reasoning, and arithmetic skills needed to help aid in a child’s success.
I now know that it is unrealistic to believe that I can change the life of every child I come in contact with during my teaching career.
It’s My Life
My name is Ann Smith. I am a senior in high school. Everyone can agree that I am a good student and that I like to study. My favorite subjects are chemistry and biology. I am going to enter the university because my goal is to study these subjects in future and to become a respected professional in one of the fields.
I can say that I am a responsible and a hard-working student. Moreover, being a sociable person, I have many friends since I like to communicate with people and get to know new interesting individuals. I enjoy my time at school: it is really nice to study and the students are very friendly and ready to help. The atmosphere cannot but make me want to go there every time. I like to receive and deal with challenging tasks. I am a very enthusiastic student and I think this is a strong point of mine.
My friends say that I am a very funny and an interesting girl with a good sense of humor. As soon as I meet new people who are happy to meet me, I feel extremely comfortable with them. I believe that friendship is one of the most important values in human life. We exchange new ideas, find many interesting things about each other and experience new things. I appreciate friendship and people who surround me.
Every time I do my best to be a…
Some Essential Tips On How To Write An Essay About Yourself
No matter what’s the purpose of your essay, there is a preset number of points that you will be expected to address.
The main line should be that you are not a robot, and that it is your feelings and emotions that define you as a personality. Do not get stuck with material possessions and what you have achieved in life. That has to do only with a small portion of who you are.
- Avoid overly simplified ideas. You are a human being after all, and your life is not as simple as it may seem after years of school. You wouldn’t want to seem or sound too simple. The more substance you create out of your daily activities, the better. Longer sentences will be good.
- Include a few dream-like paragraphs to stress the point that you are not a robot. Sometimes it can get hard explaining your feelings and emotions, you may say.
- The best way to get to know people is to see how they react to stimuli. Use your essay to pick a few incidents or just more or less regular events to attempt and define what your character is at its core.
- Find amusing in ordinary and showcase that. Your job is to present the ordinary stuff that happens to you in a way that will make the reader want to know you better. It’s all a matter of the right perspective. You have to take multiple stands on what you are as a person, and include that all in an ordered form.
- How do you fit with your friends, family and just immediate surrounding? Where is your place in the world?
- What the purpose of your life? If a question like that is too global for your work, you can just include the things that you enjoy. Don’t forget to say why or explain any symbolism connected with the things you love.
Avoid Unclear Definitions
It is really easy to get lost when you are writing something as vague and as perspective-oriented as an essay about yourself. People tend to choose a number of themes of who they are and try to describe them all.
That would be very confusing for the reader. Not to mention that it would be hard to write and navigate in between those themes. After all, very few people know you well enough, and it is almost certain that your essay is going to be read mostly by strangers or just people who know you marginally.
What you do instead is pick one theme: which light do you want to be seen in? Once you have answered that question, you are ready to go. Stay true to the theme, and you will get a coherent piece that will get you a good grade.
If you are going to write your own essay from the scratch, our manual on «How to write an essay» will be useful for you.