Guest Service Representative Cover Letter
A Guest Service Representative works in the hospitality industry and assists guests with a wide variety of tasks such as checking in, making reservations, recommending services, and managing records. A strict focus on customer service excellence is a requirement for success in this role, as well as the ability to accommodate, as best as possible, individual guest’s unique needs and requests.
Our compilation of sample cover letters for this position include mentions of skills and experience, such as:
- Proactive customer service
- Guest accommodations/services
- Front desk operations
- Administrative support
- Complaint/issue resolution
- Process improvement
An example of a cover letter for a Guest Service Representative follows below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Guest Service Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Rutledge:
In my search for a new position that utilizes my customer service talents and my superior communication skills while simultaneously providing opportunities for growth, I discovered Red Rooster Inn’s opening for a Guest Service Representative and felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my strong interest and experience in the hospitality industry, as well as my commitment to guest service excellence, I would significantly benefit your establishment in this role.
My background includes excellent experience in customer-oriented roles and spans responsibilities including general day-to-day operations, front office/reception support, and administrative assistance. With proven talents in communication, time management, and complaint resolution, my additional strengths in collaboration and problem solving will enable me to thrive in this dynamic and customer-centric position.
Highlights of my background include:
- Excelling as a Front Desk Officer with The Daydream Inn & Suites for the past three years, performing duties including guest check-in/check-out, service recommendations, dining and activity reservations, and payment processing.
- Requesting, reviewing, and leveraging guest comment cards to implement new ideas and techniques and stimulate enhanced guest satisfaction and overall experiences.
- Achieving continually high guest review scores due to my commitment to guest service excellence.
- Awarded “Employee of the Month” on an unmatched seven different occasions for outstanding performance and job dedication.
With my enthusiasm and commitment to achieving success in the hospitality sector, coupled with my professional background and my transferable skill set, I could swiftly surpass your expectations and provide immeasurable contributions to Red Rooster Inn. I would appreciate the chance to discuss this position, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Christine J. Holston
Guest Service Representative Advice
As a guest service representative, you’ll need to be customer service-oriented, keep calm under pressure, and have a compelling cover letter. Our cover letter examples have been designed specifically for guest service representative positions. Use them as a starting point for creating your own job-winning hospitality cover letter, and get the tools you need to win the job faster. Click on any of the cover letter examples below to start.
Cover Letter Tips for Guest Service Representative
The best way to find a job as a Guest Service Representative is to create a cover letter that shows how your skills can help your potential employer how you can help them to be more productive. Employers want you to be an asset. The information in this report can help create a winning cover letter. Employers want your cover letter to show them why they should grant you an interview. If you want your cover letter noticed, here are five tips to follow:
1. Showcase your strong pointSEMployers want to know what you do well and how you can benefit their business. Use your cover letter to focus on the things you can do that will help them and how your talents can be applied to the position they have available. Do you know how to manage? Have you ever been in charge of a project?
2. Format your cover letter Properly. A sloppy cover letter makes you look sloppy. Create a professional looking cover letter and employers will take you seriously.
3. What have you Accomplished?Your cover letter needs to showcase what you have accomplished in past jobs. Have you won any awards or received any accommodations that can have meaning to the job you are applying for? When your cover letter shows a potential employer that you care about your work and excel at it, they will notice.
4. Tailor your cover letterDon’t blanket the neighborhood with the same piece of paper. No matter how good your cover letter is, you need to tailor it specifically to the job you want and how hiring you makes a difference.
5. Look for ErrorsYou want to check your cover letter for any spelling errors or mistakes before giving it to a potential employer. Your cover letter is your first impression to the boss.
Guest Service Representative Job Seeking Tips
If you want to find work as a Guest Service Representative or anywhere else, focus on the strategies that make your job search most effective. Here are five ways to conduct an effective job search that will get the employer to notice what you can do.
1. Learn to NetworkThe most effective way that you can conduct a job search is by learning to use your network. Tell your friends and family what you are looking for and get them to help you. You never know who they might talk to during the day that is looking for someone just like you to hire.
2. Increase your PotentialImproving your skills by taking classes or training can impress any employer. They look for people who want to learn.
3. Know what is workingBy measuring your efforts each day you can tell what is working and what isn’t.
4. Be FocusedBe specific about what kind of job you are looking for. Do not just ask the employer for anything they have available. You need to know what you are good at and show the employer your skills.
5. Practice your InterviewBy practicing your interview techniques, it can help to remove any nervousness you might feel.